Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Organized

Well it's January and it's the time of year everyone either works on dieting or organizing- or both! One thing I started to struggle with last year is what to do with all the "artwork" kids make. My daughter just started preschool this year and she already brings home about 4 things a day! I started by hanging her artwork on the basement door. She likes to look at it all and the door is big- I let her help me tape things up. Next I take a digital photo of each little masterpiece. In the fall I took the best projects and used the photos to make a photo book of just her artwork plus some school photos. She loves her book! I saved my favorite items in one of those brown accordion file folders you use for filing bills and stuff. I use one slot per year. The rest I threw away (yes is was hard!)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Very sweet idea, to take photos and make a book out of them. I'll bet she treasures that book.

Christy said...

What a fantastic idea to make a book! I have boxes of stuff in my attic from my three kids - maybe it's not too late!

Laura said...

This is a fabulous idea! Thanks for linking it up :)

Laura