Sunday, August 29, 2010

What to do with extra school supplies?

The stores are still practically giving away school supplies this week. Here are 3 things you can do with the extra school supplies you bought.

  1. Donate them to a food pantry. Food pantries often give out school supplies this time of year.
  2. Donate them to a local school. Each year teachers spend hundreds of dollars of their own money to buy school supplies for their classrooms.
  3. Save them to put in a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child- coming in November.

2 comments:

milbos said...

hey Jan I just found your blog! you are a woman after my own heart. I am also a mum at home. I'm English but living in New zealand. It is very old fashioned to be an at home mum these days, but my hubby and I decide that when we had our family thats what we wanted to do for our kids.

Like you I have spent many days pondering how to make ends meet. I am a huge fan of the slow cooker and now even though funds are ot quite so tight, I still use it regularly! It's so easy! As far as I can see there is no reason for anyone to say they cannot cook when for most part it is just a case of popping it in and away you go. The day is yours! I have got my own blog about how to put together different table settings. everything purchased from charity shops or as you call them in the states, thrift shops. It is more of a hobby than anything, but I hope to put a book together about it. who knows I might even make some money. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Kamal Sharma said...

Nice ideas. I am sure gonna use them.